The odds of you having never used argan oil are pretty low. Just take a look at the list of ingredients on every product in your bathroom right now and you’re likely to spot this lightweight, quick-absorbing oil a number of times. But you may have never used this versatile ingredient to its full potential.
Argan oil’s moisturizing, nourishing, and healing benefits for your skin and hair have earned it the nickname “liquid gold”, and we certainly couldn’t have named it better ourselves! Its high content of fatty acids, vitamin E, linoleic acid, and ferulic acid paired with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties makes argan oil a popular go-to ingredient in a wide variety of products for all skin and hair types. These products are often specially formulated for certain areas of your body, but on its own, argan oil can be used just about everywhere from head-to-toe... and in SO many ways!
Honestly, we could probably list a thousand ways to use this powerful ingredient, but here are 20 to get you started:
- Moisturize and soothe skin (duh!)
- Help soothe inflammatory skin conditions, including acne, psoriasis, rosacea, and atopic dermatitis (thanks to anti-inflammatory properties)
- Help heal infections and wounds (thanks to antibacterial and fungicidal properties)
- Protect from sun damage (but doesn’t replace SPF!)
- Combat premature aging and reduce appearance of wrinkles and fine lines (and get a youthful glow)
- Reduce oiliness of skin (it may sound counterintuitive, but it works!)
- Fade scars, stretch marks, and dark spots (while brightening your complexion))Moisturize and strengthen nails and cuticles (mani-pedi, anyone?)
- Moisturize and strengthen nails and cuticles (mani-pedi, anyone?)
- Moisturize and heal lip moisturizer (chapped lips, be gone!)
- Pre- and post-shave oil (to tackle razor burn, red bumps, and in-grown hairs)
- Nourishing conditioner (rinse out OR use as a leave-in!
- Hydrating hair mask (leave in overnight for best results)
- Help preserve hair color and reduce fading (you paid a lot for those highlights!)
- Scalp treatment (buh-bye dry, dandruff!)
- Protect hair against UV and free radical damage (yup, that stuff even takes a toll on your hair!)
- Treat split ends (and prevent breakage!
- Promote hair growth (by strengthening hair follicles and promoting cell production in your scalp)
- Detangler (run a dab of oil through damp hair before brushing)
- Reduce frizz (it actually flattens the cuticle layer of your hair!)
- Styling product (to smooth hair and protect from hot tools)
Need another benefit of argan oil? It’s light on the wallet – at least when you buy it from Cococare, that is! Our 100% Natural Argan Oil is just $5.99, so you can (and should) try every single one of these uses! That’s precisely why argan oil is a staple of Cococare’s roster of #RealDealSkincare. This 5-star, single-ingredient miracle-worker can easily replace or improve several parts of your daily skin and hair routine. Talk about striking (liquid) gold!